Call Us At

(780) 848-2808 or 1-800-265-5389

Address

Box 209, 5104 56 Ave, Warburg, AB T0C 2T0

Safety Tips

Home   »   Safety Tips

Some tips to keep in mind:

Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless gas that in high concentrations may be deadly. Faulty venting, parts, or plugged appliances can lead to the release of this gas. Your best prevention is proper maintenance of your natural gas appliances, and installation of Carbon Monoxide detectors on all levels.

Warning signs:

  • You may notice the air to be stale or stuffy, and moisture build-up on windows and walls.
  • Natural gas flames are blue. A yellow flame may indicate a problem.

Common symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning include:

  • Headache and dizziness
  • Fatigue and weakness
  • Watery and burning eyes
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Loss of muscle control

What to do:

  • Get outside to fresh air.
  • If anyone appears ill, call 911 for medical help.
  • Call your natural gas distributor.

Prevent Carbon Monoxide

Properly maintain all natural gas burning appliances. Have them checked by a qualified technician according to manufacturer specifications.

  • Check furnace filters monthly and replace if necessary.
  • Keep laundry or ventilation vents and chimneys clear of debris, snow or ice
  • Remove clutter near gas burning appliances, and allow adequate air supply.
  • Do not idle vehicles in garages, even with the overhead door open
  • Carbon Monoxide detectors installed on all levels and properly maintained. Write their expiry date on the detector in marker. Replace batteries annually.

2018 © All Rights Reserved - Buck Mountain Gas Co-op Ltd.                          |                              Website Produced by Visual Resolve Graphics